01 December . 2018
From the Twisted Sprocket Kitchen: Sugar Cookies with Buttercream Frosting
Christmas Cookies Countdown -- Holiday season is officially here. These Sugar Cookies with Buttercream Frosting will be a hit; so delicious yet so simple to bake. Take this recipe from our café and be ready for the holiday cookie exchange or impress your family and friends!
Cookies (3 dozen)
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
Buttercream frosting (2 1/2 cups)
4 cups powdered sugar
1 cup sweet cream butter (softened)
1-2 tablespoons milk
2-3 teaspoons vanilla
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside. Place butter and sugar in large bowl of electric stand mixer and beat until light in color. Add egg and milk and beat to combine. Put mixer on low speed, gradually add flour, and beat until mixture pulls away from the side of the bowl. Divide the dough in half, wrap in waxed paper, and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Sprinkle surface where you will roll out dough with powdered sugar. Remove 1 wrapped pack of dough from refrigerator at a time, sprinkle rolling pin with powdered sugar, and roll out dough to 1/4-inch thick. Move the dough around and check underneath frequently to make sure it is not sticking. If dough has warmed during rolling, place cold cookie sheet on top for 10 minutes to chill. Cut into desired shape, place at least 1-inch apart on greased baking sheet, parchment, or silicone baking mat, and bake for 7 to 9 minutes or until cookies are just beginning to turn brown around the edges, rotating cookie sheet halfway through baking time. Let sit on baking sheet for 2 minutes after removal from oven and then move to complete cooling on wire rack.
- To make your buttercream frosting, add softened butter and vanilla to the mixing bowl and mix until completely combined.
- Add powdered sugar and beat on low until it is incorporated. Then move mixer up to medium-high speed. Scrape sides and bottom of bowl often. When completely mixed the frosting may appear dry.
- Add milk a little bit at a time until frosting is the proper consistency.
- Decorate your cookies with the buttercream frosting using decorating bag. Use sprinkles, M&Ms or sugar crystals to put your stamp on your freshly baked cookies.
Previous PostVisitor Guide: Entertaining the Guests
Older PostStudies show families use kitchens & great rooms much more than formal areas
Want More Information?
- 2023 (13)
- 2022 (17)
- 2021 (16)
- 2020 (17)
- 2019 (33)
- 2018 (69)
- 2017 (41)
- 2016 (22)
- 2015 (1)